Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a talented Contracts Administrator.
DHA is seeking a Contract Administrator to ensure contracts between the firm and the client are complete, and that the contract language conforms to standards which are designed to eliminate ambiguity, assures that the client and the firm knows what each party's obligations to the other is, and liability for work completed. Candidate will perform various functions related to corporate certifications, Minority Business Certifications, and Liability Insurance.
The Contracts Administrator will report directly to the President of DHA.
- Follow standardized phraseology but use your own judgement in how to write contracts or subcontracts within the confines of standardization;
- Work closely with managers and at times may have client contact;
- Seek counsel of the Vice President of Professional Services in preparing contracts and at times regarding liability issues;
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions;
- Candidate will draft, negotiate and finalize contract documentation to ensure consistency with the solicitations, proposals, and regulatory requirements;
- Serve as an advisor to internal clients, managers, and subcontracts regarding legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations;
- Manage the negotiation and administration of government contracts with the authority to sign;
- Perform "cradle-to-grave" contract administration functions to support internal and external clients to ensure adherence to processes, procedures, company policy, and legal/ethical requirements, company and customer objectives;
- Work with the project manager to write a contract after a client has agreed in principal that the firm shall begin a project for the client;
- Coordinate the review of Project Manuals for the approval of the President;
- Keep the master file of all signed agreements between clients;
- Prepare monthly sales report:
- Keep current in the language necessary in a contract to avoid liability claims
- Renew all corporate insurance policies;
- Request insurance agency to issue Certification of Insurance (COI);
- Maintain insurance files;
- Knowledge of Contract and Liability Insurance standards;
- Must have a strong understanding of and knowledge of contract law; and
- Must have knowledge of compliance laws & regulations.
- A bachelor's degree in finance or related business or technical discipline;
- Five (5+) years of relevant contract administration experience;
- Contract management experience in a multi-million-dollar award environment preferred;
- Critical analysis, conflict resolution, and meeting facilitation skills; and
- Must have the ability to operate various software programs to include Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Candidate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org