Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a talented and energetic, Civil Engineer.
This engineering position is designed for an engineer with five to ten years of experience who can support the Design Quality Manager with overseeing design contracts to ensure that all design activities are delivered with quality work, on time, and budget within the DC Department of Transportation (DDOT) required standards. The engineer shall have experience in planning design, scheduling, cost estimating, and a general knowledge of all local and federal requirements of roadway design. The Design Quality Manager must meet all requirements to become a Professional Engineer.
- Review electrical feeder infrastructure task order scope of work, design plans, schedules, budgets, cost estimates, special provisions, and standard and program specific typical details;
- Prepare and maintain timely reporting to DDOT for the monitoring and reporting design projects status and conditions;
- Coordinate with design consultant, program management team, DDOT personnel, and construction management team as necessary; and
- Support civil engineering department with land development design project as needed.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience;
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering;
- Experience reviewing drawings and responding to field or design changes in a timely manner;
- Familiarity with Project Management software (such as Procure);
- Familiarity with Project Scheduling Software (such as Primavera);
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and strong technical writing skills;
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2018; and Microstation a plus;
- Valid driver's license;
- DDOT experience is preferred;
- Electrical infrastructure design experience is preferred; and
- EIT Certification and a desire to obtain the professional engineering licensure within 3 months.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
New employees MUST be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since the final dose of a primary vaccine series.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org