Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a talented and energetic, Vice President of Business Development.
Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered is looking for a highly motivated Business Development Executive to build our engineering and program and construction management services. The VP, Business Development is responsible for leading business development, marketing activities and the development of the Corporate Marketing Plan that guides DHA's direction for expanded business opportunities.
To be successful in this position, VP, Business Development must have current business contacts in the design engineering and program and construction management disciplines in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. Business contacts in Atlanta, GA, and the east coast area are an additional benefit.
- Must be fully involved in the proposal preparation and production process including writing major sections, editing work prepared by others, organizing peer reviews, selection of graphics/artwork/supporting materials, as well as management of the overall production process.
- Responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, building relationships with potential partners and clients, and helping to develop strategies for expanding our business with our existing clients.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with architectural, engineering, construction management firms, local, state and federal authorities in order to develop new business and maintain current clients/customers.
- Identify prospective markets and clients, contact prospective clients and determine their needs and how DHA's consulting services can assist in meeting client's needs.
- Conduct bi-weekly scheduled marketing meetings regarding business pursuits with key engineering managers; and manage the process for making Go-No-Go business decisions.
- Coordinate and monitor the development of proposals to ensure DHA's response is complete, accurate, timely and responsive to all areas of the request.
- Orchestrate the presentation, select the internal group, which will make the presentations, and arm the team with all they need to make a successful presentation.
A successful candidate for the VP, Business Development should have various prerequisite skills and qualifications in order to handle duties effectively, including:
- Demonstrated experience in winning major engineering projects.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience marketing to developers, contractors and architects for design and program & construction management services.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience marketing to large public agencies for design and program services. Marketing to large consultant firms for construction management and design-build services.
- Success record and ability to "close the deal"; and ability to put together winning project teams.
- Strategic decision-making for exclusive teaming arrangement.
- Understanding and matching DHA staffing skills to RFP requirements.
- Ability to work with DHA engineering and finance staff to craft complex proposals.
- Ability to retain current customers and expand DHA's geographical markets.
- Vision for improving DHA's marketing and communication's media.
- Development and execution of marketing plans.
- Demonstrated experience in developing complex business development presentations.
- Strategic decision-making skills for program/design involvement.
- Pragmatic approach to business development and the ability to identify the pursuits that are in the best long-term interest of the firm.
- Develop a program that provides the Company with the ability to move from subcontractor to prime on all types of projects.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering and Construction Services; a Master of Business Administration degree is preferred.
- Driver's license; and
- Active participant in engineering/construction professional associations and societies.
This position is a key part of DHA's Management Team, and vision for the future. The VP must have at least eight (8) years' experience and knowledge of our core disciplines: Land Development, Water and Wastewater Infrastructure, Special Structures, Building Structures, Light-Rail Transit, Transit Facilities, Heavy Civil, Urban Roadways, Streetscapes, Bridge, and Building Structures. Must have been fully involved in the proposal preparation and production process.
The best candidate for this position must have prior experience in marketing the design engineering, and program & construction management services to federal and local DC, MD, VA governmental agencies and has a network of architectural/engineering and private development clients.
- Drive the growth and expansion of the Company.
- To expand our client base and geographical areas where there is a match between DHA's core disciplines and the need of the client or geographical area.
- To lead DHA's marketing and business development strategic plan.
- To meet with DHA clients/organizations to ensure that the company is delivering quality services and that DHA is meeting the clients/organization needs.
- Be a self-starter with strong marketing/business development development skills.
- Effective communicator both orally and written.
Candidate's home location is DHA's corporate office. Additionally, candidate can work part of the time out of the Silver Spring, Largo and Baltimore, Maryland offices.
New employees MUST be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since the final dose of a primary vaccine series.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: email@example.com