Delon Hampton & Associates is seeking a Senior Project Manager for WMATA's station platform reconstruction program (SPRP).
WMATA is planning a three-year capital project that will reconstruct the outdoor platforms at 20 Metrorail stations to address structural deficiencies. The Senior Project Manager (PM) will be responsible to coordinate with all WMATA engineers, operations, procurement, and legal counsel staff to set up all meetings and be completely responsible for this station platform reconstruction program. This position requires an effective team leader who can mentor project team members and foster a working environment where project staff can work together cooperatively to deliver the project on-time and on-budget. The Senior PM will oversee the roles and responsibilities to successfully implement this program.
- Coordinate between various departments as well as between other stakeholders.
- Develop contract packages, including design and construction, as well as prepare all packages for bidding, proposal evaluation, and award recommendations.
- Coordinate the work with all contractors: responsible for ensuring all project deliverables conform to the technical specifications and respective contract guidelines.
- Capable of managing the program with minimum supervision, as well as managing assigned WMATA staff.
- Coordinate, manage, and report on the overall project budget, schedule, risks, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Prepare and provide presentations to executive management, including WMATA's Board of Directors, and news media.
- Submit a project schedule that meets all due dates, including all contractor schedules and integrated program schedule.
- Coordinate between in-house disciplines and sub-consultants, as well as associated WMATA staff associated with this reconstruction program to ensure consistency in the deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with consultants, contractors, and WMATA’s quality programs. Responsible for all project deliverables and coordination of quality reviews of materials prior to delivery to WMATA.
- Manage and control manpower and budget control to complete project tasks within the agreed budget and schedule.
- Prepare and distribute correspondences and action lists.
- Overall management responsibility to ensure timely processing of RFIs, PCOs, transmittals, and change orders.
- Respond to questions and requests to the work of SPRP task.
- Resolve and prepare formal responses to review comments.
- Conduct all project meetings (weekly meetings anticipated) with contractors and other staff as determined.
- Submit monthly reports on the SPRP to WMATA's executive management team to include the consultant’s work performed during the month. Will work with HNTB on the monthly report template.
- The Senior PM’s performance will be evaluated on the ability to successfully advance the program on time, on schedule, in conformance with the technical specifications to ensure the highest quality, and in a safe manner.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering, project management, construction management, business, or related field.
- A minimum of 20 years of experience or equivalent of demonstrated experience managing large projects.
- Must possess a PE license.
- Must have proven ability to manage complex budgets and schedules.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to successfully complete WMATA's Railway Worker Protection (RWP) Certification class.
- Must have knowledge of working in a government environment.
- Must be able to pass a government background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- May be required to travel out-of-state to conduct manufacturer inspections of facilities and witness any factory acceptance testing as required by the WMATA task manager.
Work is performed within a general office environment 50% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Fieldwork is required 50% where work may be conducted outside in one or more of the following conditions: heat or cold, wet or humid, and dry or arid. Must be able to work in confined spaces. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs.) may be required as needed.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line.