Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has excellent opportunities for talented and energetic, Schedulers.
DHA is seeking schedulers to assist in the development, maintenance, and support of the schedules for various Capital Program Delivery (CAPD) capital projects and be a part of the general Technical Services and Portfolio Management (TSPM) staff. The Schedulers will ensure project schedules are being developed and maintained according to the individual project requirements, guidelines and practices. In total, four Schedulers are required for this scope of work.
MATOC Scheduler (1 Candidate Needed)
This is a dedicated position for MATOC projects that are typically short in duration (6-12 months) and up to $5M in total project budget.
- Candidate will be actively involved with various MATOC PMs and Assistant PMs providing scheduling support to each MATOC project and schedule progress
- Advise on the required time extensions in a timely manner
- Possess strong MS Project scheduling skills to support the growing MATOC program
- Develop a MATOC master schedule
Capital Projects Scheduler (2 Candidates Needed)
These two positions are dedicated to the portfolio of capital construction projects - major capital projects, rehabilitation, and state of good repair projects - that are typically 4-5 years in duration and of higher budget ($15M-$250+M).
- Candidates schedule-related goals are to review contractors' baselines and updates (activity duration, logic, WBS, project milestones)
- Determine project status
- Create and analyze reports
- Develop and update in-house critical paths
- Develop risk analysis and perform time impact delay analysis
Integrated Master Scheduler (1 Candidate Needed)
This position is dedicated to manage the Capital Program Master Schedule and will liaise with the Senior Project Controls Manager to incorporate information to the Master Schedule. Specific activities pertaining to this Scheduler position are as follows:
- Integrate with Existing GIS Project Map - Utilize the Capital Program Master Schedule to organize engineering and construction projects by phase as well as the Site Specific Work Plans (SSWP); and map on the GIS application. This will include integrating track access requirements; analyzing projects' processes, activities, and milestones to recommend strategies to optimize staffing and equipment resources across all projects; and/or allocating resources more efficiently;
- Develop Life Cycle Project Schedules for Planning - Assist the Project Development and Implementation Planning (PDIP) group with development of full life cycle schedules for use in the Capital Program Master Schedule and Construction Contract Requests for Proposals;
- Generate Reports for CAPD Management - Develop reports to assist CAPD Management with understanding current and future resource and activity needs; and
- Risk Assessment - Define potential risks and constraints that may actualize through the project life-cycle and impact schedule, budget, resources, and milestones
The following list of duties, responsibilities and qualifications are REQUIRED for all four Scheduler positions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed schedule for new capital improvement projects in compliance with required milestones and sequencing of capital work;
- Prepare detailed plans allocating staffing resources, equipment resources, and project funds; and
- Identify sequence of activities according to established strategies and support the development of production work packages
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor and evaluate project progress in relation to schedule activities and milestones against established baseline;
- Run schedule health checks and metrics and maintain project schedules;
- Monitor labor and resource demands on schedule, and report deviations and risks; and
- Review schedules from external entities and provide feedback
Schedule Integration and Updates
- Integrate individual project schedules into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS); make updates and changes to individual schedules and Master Schedule to reflect change of activities, deadlines, resource loads; and
- Report on sensitivities of schedule on fore-casted changes of scope, cash flow and risks
Communication and Coordination
- Communicate with various departments on schedule related topics and specific issues; provide detailed schedule analysis when required
- Coordinate with various departments to develop schedule for new projects and make changes to existing project's schedule; and
- Ensure clear communication with team about milestones, deliverables, activities, and resource loading.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Management, Business, Engineering, or a related field of study;
- A minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience with progressive schedule development, support, and management on large scale, complex projects
- Expertise in schedule development, schedule updating process, schedule version control process, and procedures for project teams
- Experience maintaining the Master Program/Project Schedule and integrating multiple project schedules into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS);
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple functional groups, external contractor teams, and program management to develop and maintain an integrated schedule;
- Proficiency with Primavera P6, and/or MS Project, and/or TILOS schedule development tools; and
- Previous design experience in transit or construction related work will be considered an asset
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: email@example.com