Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a talented and energetic, Project Manager - Structural Engineer.
DHA is seeking a project manager in the structural department who will work on high visibility and interesting structural engineering projects along with special assignments. You would be joining a company that supports community service, involvement in professional organizations and professional development. A limited work from home schedule is offered for this position. Candidate will report to the Structural Group Manager in the Silver Spring, MD office.
- Prepare project specifications for assigned projects;
- Conduct quality control reviews to ensure design calculations and structural drawings are complete, coordinated, follow the office's standards and have a high level of quality;
- Perform field reviews for projects under construction and surveys of existing structures;
- Manage, oversee, and contribute to the construction administration duties such as reviewing submittals and responding to RFIs;
- Project financial success, including efficient utilization of staff and resources;
- Provide effective delegation and direction to structural engineers, Revit operators and administrative staff;
- Manage, oversee, and contribute to the analysis and design calculations as well as the structural drawings for assigned projects;
- Maintain and improve client relationships and relationships with other consultants;
- Communicate with clients and consultants to understand project requirements; and
- Plan and organize staff to meet project requirements and schedules.
- A bachelor's degree in civil or architectural engineering with a focus on structures from an accredited university. A master's degree is a plus;
- PE or SE certification is required;
- Ten (10+) years of relevant experience in structural design of commercial, institutional, residential or infrastructure projects using concrete, steel and wood is required;
- Experience should include structural design of new buildings, renovations, and additions;
- Candidate shall have a working knowledge and clear understanding of structural engineering principles;
- Knowledge of appropriate structural engineering design software is required (e.g., RAM, ETABS, RISA, SAP, etc.);
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT is required;
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communications skills is required;
- Highly motivated and responsible individual with a strong work ethic;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to train and mentor young engineers; and
- Experience supporting project scope, cost and schedule for multiple projects and clients.
Work is performed within a general office environment 90% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. Field work may be required 10% of the time where work may be conducted outside in one or more of the following conditions: heat or cold, wet or humid, and dry or arid. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs.) may be required as needed.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: email@example.com