Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Project Manager.
DHA is actively seeking a motivated individual with management skills and experience in the water/wastewater industry. The successful candidate should possess proficient technical skills required to make management and technical decisions. The multi-faceted position requires experience and capabilities in the following areas: Program Management, Project Management, and Task Order Coordination. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with development of strategies associated with planning, scheduling, estimating, and potentially bundling CIP Projects for Implementation
- Provide guidance with respect to the way that multiple delivery mechanisms (CIP, task orders, Basic Ordering Agreements) are integrated into a single program.
- Plan, schedule, estimate CIP projects
- Maintain activities using the P6 system for monthly costs, projections, schedules and budgets
- Assist with development of project scope
- Develop independent third-party estimates and costs (design, bid phase services, construction phase services, O&M Manual Development, Commissioning, etc.)
- Assist in the evaluation of cost and scope proposals, and the subsequent negotiation associated with these proposals
- Assist in development of formal agreements, and other documents required for brown folders
- Assist in management of work and design efforts related to executed contracts
- Assist in management of design review phases, workshops, meetings, and project design coordination
- Coordinate distribution of design documents for design reviews. Compile design review comments and manage responses, coordinate closure of all design review comments
- Assist in the development and documentation of design workshops
- Assist in management of bid phase services, including coordination of project design engineer's efforts
- Assist with development of documents required for evaluation of construction bids received
- Assist in development and acquisition of documents required for construction award/brown folder
- Assist with construction phase services
- Assist with the closure of contract/agreement and all supplements
Typical Task Order Coordination
- Assist in development of scope, schedule and budget task orders
- Manage the execution of the following types of task order(s) through completion:
- Coordination of subcontractors
- Manage expectations of DWE, Operations, and other interested parties
- Development and management of task order documents
- PowerPoint presentations
- Technical memorandum and/or technical reports development
- Closure of task orders and transition of task to CIP or other execution
Must have Skills/Experience (Including any required Certifications)
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 15+ years' of progressively increasing responsibility regarding wastewater or water treatment facilities
- Solid technical understanding of wastewater treatment processes
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills, including preparation of letters, memos, proposal, reports, etc.
- Experience in managing projects and project delivery
- Professional Engineering License (PE), with the ability to quickly obtain reciprocity in Washington, DC (if needed)
- Master's degree preferred
- Certification with respect to Project Management (PMP)
Work is performed within a general office environment 70% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Field work is required 30% where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions at wastewater treatment facility. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs.) may be required as needed.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line.