Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a talented and energetic, Level 2 Inspector.
- Understand and comply with the current Metrorail Safety Rules and Procedures Handbook (MSRPH);
- Read construction documents (i.e., drawings and specifications) to understand goals and objectives relative to assigned project work sites;
- Inspect construction work, primarily civil/structural and fire systems to ensure they comply with design drawings;
- Survey project sites to establish conditions at a given work site before initiation of work and the development of biddable solicitation packages;
- Conduct pre-construction site surveys to verify conditions of a given project site with contractors before work begins;
- Review and verify site conditions throughout the construction phase by being attentive and vigilant while project site work is being performed by contractors and third parties;
- Maintain quality control in accordance with established guidelines relating to assigned portion of the project; verify the implementation of the inspection and testing portions of the quality control plan that pertains to the work assignment and verify quality conforms to contract standards;
- Perform physical measurements and field testing which may involve the use of complex electronic or mechanical devices for non-destructive testing;
- Collect and compile electronic or hardcopy data to document the quality of work;
- Compare actual work against contract, shop and working drawings, and specification requirements;
- Assist in the preparation of material samples, as required for laboratory testing and approval;
- Execute client’s project inspection checklist;
- Complete checklists to verify contractor’s work and/or non-compliance;
- Conduct warranty checks when issues arise; accompany contractors to review warranty work and complete punch lists, checklists, or observations relative to assigned project worksites;
- Submit Inspector Daily Reports (IDR) in a timely manner through the client's Procore system; and
- Provide progress updates at bi-monthly and/or weekly meetings to clients department group relative to the current work phase of each assigned project.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of three (3) years demonstrable experience in construction inspections
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of five (5) years of inspection experience in a related field, of which two (2) years shall be in the rail transit industry;
- Experience with fire systems, communication systems, electrical equipment, heavy industry, large-scale utility construction, in a transit filed or related area;
- Experience inspecting mechanical systems;
- Experience inspecting electrical and communications systems;
- Ability to read construction documents (i.e., drawings and specifications) to understand goals and objectives relative to assigned project work sites;
- Direct working experience with Structure Rehabilitation Projects is preferred;
- Ability to obtain OSHA-30 construction industry certification (must be In-Person attendance);
- Must be able to successfully complete client's Roadway Worker Protection Certification (RWP) training;
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 quality standards and its application to planning, design, and construction; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Procore.
New employees MUST be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since the final dose of a primary vaccine series.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work is performed within a general office environment 5% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Field work is required 95% of the time where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and or dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs.) may be required as needed.