Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a talented and energetic, Energy and Carbon Emissions Data Analyst.
Description: The Energy and Carbon Emissions Data Analyst conducts analysis to support data-driven planning for energy management and emission reduction efforts. This position manages internal and external data sources and utilizes software and data management tools to collect, track, analyze, and visualize data. The position will calculate projected energy usage and emission reductions and actual achieved reductions via energy efficiency upgrades; renewable energy generation; vehicle electrification, electrification of aircraft support equipment, and other projects to reduce Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
- Conduct primary and secondary data collection. Compile and maintain databases such as inventory of utility accounts for facilities, energy and operational use, and energy efficiency project performance. Data types include: vehicle fuel consumption; on-site power generation; waste generation; de-icing fluid usage; refrigerant/coolant usage; purchased electricity; natural gas usage; generator fuel consumption, energy savings calculations; grant requirement tracking; utility rebate program savings; energy use intensity.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate data, verbally and visually through quarterly and annual reports as on an as-needed basis for departmental initiatives.
- Assess energy usage within airport facilities, recommend upgrades for energy efficiency and improved energy data collection, and track energy reductions and cost savings.
- Develop greenhouse gas inventories using Airport Council International Airport Carbon Emissions Report Tool (ACERT) software for Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
- Develop grant applications for the Federal Aviation Administration Voluntary Airport Low Emissions program and track equipment usage and resulting emissions reductions.
- Engage with airlines and other airport tenants to collect Scope 3 emissions data, make recommendations for emissions reductions and assist in implementation.
- Develop and manage online dashboards to visualize energy and environmental data for agency-wide access.
- Write clear and concise descriptions of data, methodology, and results for inclusion in reports and presentation, and present results to project teams and staff.
- Research software options for management and display of ESG data and create support documentation for software tools.
- Serve as project manager for energy management and data management tasks.
- Provide regular updates on assigned tasks and progress.
- Continually expand job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, engaging in professional organizations regarding airport sustainability and airport management.
- Assist in additional airport sustainability initiatives as needed, including capital project review, vehicle electrification, renewable energy generation and long-term planning, to achieve airport decarbonization, electrification and grid resilience.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience organizing, analyzing and manipulating large data sets.
- Experience with greenhouse gas inventories and/or energy conservation.
- Ability to effectively develop presentations highlighting data for various audiences of internal stakeholders.
- Comfortable and effective working both independently and on teams.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience and interest in energy efficiency and sustainability.
Preferred but Not Required:
- Understanding of building design and energy use concepts and metrics.
- LEED Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design credentials.
- Experience tracking Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions and producing and analyzing greenhouse gas inventories.
- Familiarity with building commissioning, HVAC controls, and/or building automation systems.
- Experience using web-based data management tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, D3, Google Charts).
- Experience with Airport Carbon Accreditation, Airport Carbon Emissions Reporting Tool, and ESG reporting.
- Experience in airport sustainability.
- A bachelor's, master's, or other advanced degree in data science, computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, environmental science, or related field.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: email@example.com