Delon Hampton & Associates is seeking a Construction Manager for WMATA's station platform reconstruction program (SPRP).
WMATA is planning a three-year capital project that will reconstruct the outdoor platforms at 20 Metrorail stations to address structural deficiencies. The Construction Manager (CM) is a highly responsible, managerial, and supervisory position in place to support the SPRP. This position requires an effective team leader who can mentor project team members and foster a working environment where project staff can work together cooperatively to deliver the project on time and on budget. The CM will be responsible for managing the project team to complete the tasks within the project budget and schedule. The CM will also be responsible for managing all aspects of the contractors performing the work.
- Coordinate between various departments as well as between other stakeholders.
- Develop construction contract packages, packages for bidding, proposal evaluation, and award recommendations.
- Coordinate the work with all contractors; responsible for ensuring all project deliverables conform to the technical specifications and respective contract guidelines.
- Communicate construction techniques to the contractors and implement changes where necessary to enhance job safety as directed by WMATA's safety department.
- Lead weekly construction progress meetings, readiness review meetings, third-party coordination meetings, design coordination meetings, and other construction meetings. Publish meeting minutes.
- Recommend, if appropriate, construction techniques to expedite the SPRP.
- Provide technical analysis, cost analysis support, and review all requests for changes submitted by the construction contractor's work (request for change, change notices, change orders, contract modification, etc.).
- Prepare and distribute correspondence, memoranda, action lists, and related material for the construction work.
- Submit a project schedule to the Project Manager (PM) that meets all due dates including all contractors' schedules and integrated program schedules.
- Ensure compliance with contractors' and WMATA’s quality programs, as well as be responsible for all project deliverables and coordination of quality reviews of materials prior to delivery to WMATA.
- Coordinate, manage, and report on the overall SPRP budget, schedule, risks, and risk mitigation strategies to the PM.
- Conduct all project meetings (weekly meetings anticipated) with contractors and WMATA at Metro’s offices, at Metro’s discretion, to manage the program.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering, project management, or construction management.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience or equivalent of demonstrated experience managing large projects.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is desirable but not required.
- Must have proven ability to manage complex budgets and schedules.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to successfully complete WMATA's Railway Worker Protection Certification (RWP) Certification class.
- Must have knowledge of working in a government environment.
- Must be able to pass a government background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- May be required to travel out-of-state to conduct manufacturer inspections of facilities and witness any factory acceptance testing as required by the PM.
Work is performed within a general office environment; however, field work may also be required. This work may be conducted outside in one or more of the following conditions: heat or cold, wet or humid, and dry or arid. Must be able to work in confined spaces. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs.) may be required as needed.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line.