Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a talented and energetic, Community Outreach Manager.
Community Outreach Manager for major construction projects under DC Water's Clean Rivers Project. Candidate will be responsible for public relations support with stakeholders and residents in the areas impacted by the investigations and construction of CSO 025/026 Sewer Separation Project, Potomac River Tunnel Project, Northeast Boundary Tunnel Project, and Green Infrastructure Projects including the Downspout Disconnection Program, Drain the Rain. Incumbent should have a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in community outreach/public relations and project management within the District of Columbia or suburban Maryland or Virginia.
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
- Candidate will work and travel to various construction sites and neighborhoods to observe status and meeting with stakeholders
- Support client's report development, data and status updates, and presentation preparation needs;
- Understand citizen concerns with the projects to mitigate construction impacts to residents and other stakeholders;
- Deliver presentations and information to stakeholders, including local government, Advisory Neighborhood Commissions, associations, citizens, businesses, and others;
- Develop and implement plans, schedules, submittals, notifications, and other documents;
- Conduct media relations, prepare and distribute press releases, statements and other supporting materials to media outlets;
- Develop progress reports, responding to resident inquiries and interest on the program, completing quality control, oversight and review of contractor downspout disconnection/rain barrel installation work and deliverable, and identify issues needing attention for Drain the Rain program;
- Manage subcontractor under Drain the Rain program including status reports, quality control, oversight, invoicing, and report reviews; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct experience in community outreach/public relations and project management;
- Bachelor's degree is preferred;
- Ability to learn to use mobile application software and develop data reports from Excel spreadsheets;
- Experience understanding and working to mitigate construction impacts is preferred;
- Experience leading public meetings;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environment, some evenings and Saturdays required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to translate construction and engineer language to laymen's terms;
- Attention to detail is highly necessary;
- Must be able to work multiple teams; and
- Must be able to juggle a variety of tasks, deadlines, changing circumstances, and priorities.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: email@example.com