Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered, a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a talented and energetic, Civil Engineer.
This engineering position is designed for a five to ten-year engineer who can support the Design Quality Manager with overseeing design contracts for the DC PLUG Program to ensure that all design activities are delivered with quality work, on time, and budget within DDOT and Pepco required standards. The engineer shall have experience in planning, design, scheduling, cost estimating, and a general knowledge of all local and federal requirements of roadway design. The Design Quality Manager must meet all requirements to become a Professional Engineer.
- Review electrical feeder infrastructure task order scope of work, design plans, schedules, budgets, cost estimates, special provisions, and standard and program specific typical details;
- Prepare and maintain timely reporting to DDOT for the monitoring and reporting of design project status and conditions;
- Coordinate with design consultant, program management team, DDOT and Pepco personnel, and construction management team as necessary;
- Support civil engineering department with land development design project as needed.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in civil engineering;
- 5 to 10 or more years' of relevant experience;
- Experience reviewing drawings and responding to field or design changes in a timely manner;
- Familiarity with Project Management software (such as Procore);
- Familiarity with Project Scheduling software (such as Primavera);
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, and strong technical writing skills;
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2018; and Microstation a plus;
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- DDOT experience;
- Electrical infrastructure design experience;
- EIT Certification and a desire to obtain the professional engineering licensure within 3-months.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands arms; and stoop, knee, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work in outside weather conditions for brief assignments.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. The noise level on the construction site is often loud.
- Hours will vary based on job needs, hours of availability are generally 7:30a.m. to 4:30p.m.; with one hour for lunch. Occasional evening meetings can be expected.
- When working remotely, employee must have internet access sufficient to support effective interaction through verbal and visual communication in a virtual environment throughout the workday.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: email@example.com