Delon Hampton & Associates, Chartered a minority-owned, professional consulting engineering services firm headquartered in Washington, DC, currently has an excellent opportunity for a talented and energetic, Aviation Project Manager.
This position will be part of the overall Staff Augmentation GPP is providing to DOA, filling the role of Aviation Project Manager within the DOA Capital Development Group. The Aviation Project Manager will be responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, financial management, and controls, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. Responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management including - Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management, and will be provided over the life-cycle of the project, from programming through commissioning and closeout.
Key Elements of the Role
The Aviation Project Manager will provide leadership and oversight through:
- Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and managing project participants while achieving the goals of DOA.
- Knowledge of project development within an airport environment.
- Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities/ Landside Project Management
- Anticipate the needs of the client and stakeholders and manage client's expectations within the context of contractual commitments.
- Oversee capital development projects from project initiation to completion, or anywhere along that continuum as requested.
- Provide leadership in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project financial management including managing the budget, tracking of expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions when the need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which includes the airport stakeholders, design teams, and construction organizations.
- Monitor the progress of the project activities on a regular basis.
- Maintain strict adherence to quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete and have undergone a quality review.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Serve as a key link between the designers, contractors, clients and stakeholders.
- Review airport and TSA security practices and assure compliance by the project team.
- Provide periodic progress reports.
- Learn and use E-Builder, The DOA data management system for design and construction.
- Comply with all project management duties required per GPP and DOA.
- A Bachelor's degree in architecture or engineering. A postgraduate degree in applicable field such as construction management is an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in construction project development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven understanding of Infrastructure design and construction project delivery approaches.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Strong focus on quality.
When applying, please reference position title in email subject line. Send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org